There really is nothing like going all out for your kids birthday – large venue, tons of guests, entertainment, the whole shebang, but let’s talk quality vs. quantity here. We’re not saying that you can’t throw a banging party with tons of guests… it’s just... REALLY hard. Smaller intimate parties take a load off of you, allow guests to spend quality time together, and experience meaningful interactions.
All the reasons why 10 guests maximum is a good idea:
- Less Kids = Less Mess = Less Stress
- Strategic Budgeting, more bang for your buck. Hello loot bags, party favours, yummy snacks
- Quality Programs and Activities
- Minimal Planning
- Ability to meet other parents – have parents join you for coffee/tea in kitchen while the kids do their thing!
- Creating memories with close friends
- Simple entertainment/programming (less differing interests to work with)
Ideas For Small Parties:
Dinner and a Movie (at home or in theatres)
Mall Scavenger Hunt
Yoga, Fitness, or Dance Class
Double Trouble – Parents Upstairs, Kids Downstairs
High Tea – Children’s Edition
Top Chef Cook off
If you’re worried about folks feeling left out (since they weren't invited you can plan a family dinner at a restaurant (less work for you!), and maybe bring a treat in for the class, something easy like nut-free cupcakes or pencils. Remember, this day is about the Birthday Kid, think about what would make them happy and the activities they enjoy.